Creditor Harassment and Abuse Attorneys
Are you being subjected to creditor harassment or abuse?
It's overwhelming to suffer under a tremendous burden of debt, but creditors are required by law to treat debtors with respect. Of course, you have a legal obligation to pay the debt you owe, but if you feel you're being treated poorly, it's time to contact a creditor harassment attorney from Bizar and Doyle. Did you know you can actually file a lawsuit against creditors that are taking advantage of your situation and treating you with disrespect? The attorneys at Bizar and Doyle can help you understand your rights and learn how to protect them.
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Many people are unfamiliar with the rules of fair treatment when it comes to debtors. If you're considering filing a lawsuit against an aggressive creditor, you first need to understand your rights. Listed below are the rules and regulations that all creditors and collection agents must follow when contacting debtors defined under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- No creditor is permitted to contact a debtor before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- No creditor can untruthfully claim to be an attorney
- No creditor is permitted to use foul or rude language when discussing collections
- A creditor cannot threaten you with prison or other legal consequences
- Persistent calls are not permitted
- If a written note is sent by the debtor indicating they wish to halt calls, a call can only be made to relay urgent information
- If you're in the process of filing for bankruptcy, they must discuss the info with your attorney
- If the debtor states they are represented by an attorney, the creditor must contact the attorney
If you're dealing with harassment from creditors, contact the lawyers at Bizar and Doyle. We'll contact the creditor on behalf of you and explain your rights and their duties under the law. After we initiate contact, your creditors will be notified that all further communication will go directly through us. If a law is broken, we can sue for damages and get you the compensation you deserve. Please contact us for more information.
Contact a Creditor Harassment Attorney
at the firm to discuss creditor harassment.
123 W. Madison Street
Chicago, IL 60602
South Side Office
10336 S. Western Avenue
Chicago, IL 60643
8770 W. Bryn Mawr
Chicago, IL 60631
15255 S. 94th Avenue
Orland Park, IL 60462
1800 Nations Drive
Gurnee, IL 60031
1444 N. Farnswoth Ave.
Aurora, IL 60505
Lincolnshire Business Center
1000 Essington Road
Joliet, IL 60435