Bankruptcy Attorney
Bankruptcy Lawyer Attorney Profiles Common Questions Bankruptcy Evaluation Office Locations

No Money Down on Chapter 13 Cases
For Qualified Wage Earners!
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy from $850

Phone and Video Consultations
Available Today!

Information Center
Asset Protection
Bankruptcy Overview
Business Bankruptcy
Chapter 13
Chapter 11
Chapter 7
Creditor Harassment & Abuse
Debt Relief Options
Eliminating 2nd Mortgages
Fighting Foreclosure
Means Test
Rebuild Credit
Taxes & Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy Alternatives
Bankruptcy Exemptions
Bankruptcy Myths
Bankruptcy Process
Bankruptcy Time Line
Benefits of Bankruptcy
Chapter 7 vs. Chapter 13
Filing for Bankruptcy
Is Bankruptcy Right for Me?
Life After Bankruptcy
Why Hire a Bankruptcy Attorney
Will I Lose Anything?
Read our blog

Chapter 7 and Your Home

If you are consideringChapter 7 bankruptcy then you might be worried about losing your home.

If all of the equity in your home is exempt, you will not lose your home even if you are making mortgage payments. Under Chapter 7 bankruptcy, your trustee will allow you to keep some of your property while forcing you to sell off other items. In most states you will be allowed to keep the equity in your home, also known as homestead exemption. Depending on what state you live in, the homestead exemption amount can vary.

It is important to remain current on your mortgage payments, especially if you are considering or have already filed for bankruptcy.

Are you considering bankruptcy as an option to keep your home safe from foreclosure? If so, you need to contact a Chicago bankruptcy attorney today to learn more about your legal rights and what steps you need to take to file.

Free Bankruptcy Evaluation
Eliminate Debt & Bills
123 W. Madison Street, Suite 205; Chicago, IL 60602
Attorney Web Design
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

Main Office: 123 W. Madison Street, Suite 205 Chicago, IL 60602
Phone Number: (312) 427-3100